Are you a Dutch-speaking 3rd-year student or an MA student within the UvA's faculties FEB, FGw, FMG, FNWI of FdR? Do you want to start with an orientation on the job market, learn how to present yourself and gain more focus on your future? Then the unique programme Meet Your Mentor might be for you.
The team of the Chief Diversity Officer has started begun a pilot for the new online mentoring programme Meet Your Mentor. If you are a Dutch-speaking student in your third year or an MA student with an ethnic minority background who is entering the Dutch job market you are very welcome to apply. Meet Your Mentor offers students a mentor (a professional) who will be supporting you in your exploration of the Dutch job market.
Who can apply?
Meet Your Mentor supports Dutch (first generation-) students with a ethnic minority background in their transfer into the Dutch job market. The online platform offers a mentor to students who want to explore the Dutch job market. With your mentor you will discuss your personal challenges and discover your strength as a future young professional. The language used on the platform is Dutch and is primarily meant for students who were born and raised in the Netherlands.
Aims and timeline
The outcomes of the programme can be different for everyone who participates, because everyone has his/her own learninggoals. MYM doesn’t guarantee a job but supports you with enhancing your chances of landing a suitable job. What we are aiming to reach at the end of the programme (6 months) is that you:
- are more confident about your position on the job market
- have determined more focus and direction for your future
- are more able to profile yourself optimally and stay true to yourself
The match between mentors and mentees will be based on the registration form and the available mentors.
The trajectory consists out of:
- Kick-off meeting: After subscription and successful matching the project manager will contact you to invite you to the kick-off Meeting. At this event you will get acquainted with the MYM manager, the other mentees and mentors and your matched mentor.
- Online mentoring platform: After the kick-off you will get to work with your mentor. You will gain access to the online platform and study the preparatory workshop module of Meet Your Mentor. This module offers you tips how to take the most advantage of this mentor programme.
- Personal meetings: After working through the online preparatory workshopmodule you will plan at least one meeting a month with your mentor. You are free to determine the exact time and location for this meeting with your mentor.
- Closing meeting: Just like the kick off, we wish to get all of you together at a closing meeting in which you will look back on the programme. You will be invited for this by email.
During the entire programme, a project manager will be available for mediation and/or questions.