Pauline Meurs (1953) is a sociologist and until 2022 was professor of Health Care Governance at Erasmus University Rotterdam, where she also held the position of scientific director of the Erasmus Centre for Health Care Management.
From June 2007 to February 2013, Meurs was a member of the Dutch Senate and from September 2007 to May 2015 she was chair of the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMw), responsible for research and innovation in health care. She was a member of the Dutch Safety Board from February 2013 to July 2014 and a member of the Scientific Council for Government Policy (WRR) from 1998 to 2008.
Current ancillary positions
- Associate member of the Dutch Safety Board (Ovv)
- Acting supervisory board chair of the Pharmaccess Group
- Member of the Supervisory Board of ArtEZ University of the Arts
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Parnassia Group
- Member of the Governing Board of the Aegon Association (Vereniging Aegon)
- Supervisory Board chair of the Prins Bernard Cultuurfonds
- Technical chair committee NWO Spinoza Prize